We are happy to announce that Akira’s route has been finished last night!
As you guys know, me and Anton recently joined the team to help out with the work, and we got a new TLC to our team: Chikara.
He is checking our translations and does editing as well.
Now, there are a few issues with this patch.
Akira’s route is a literal dumpsterfire, as she had the most translators in the past years. She had 7 translators with varying skills so far, which not only declines in quality but style consistency as well.
Akira is upmost priority for now, but please keep in mind that there are still many errors in this patch. The team will be looking into this to get it fixed next.
We’re starting to get some work done with creation of discord server (that boosts our motivation), two new translators to the team (Jiji and Anton), and a new proofreader (AdventSign). Since there were so many translators of very different levels of English proficiency throughout the lifespan of the project, the translation is a mess from stylistic point of view. We’d like to create style guidelines so that the translation is consistent and part of them are a matter of preference. Specifically, we have to decide how much should we westernize some words. I’d like to ask you, as future (or current) readers of English version of Yosuga no Sora, to vote in the poll below that we will use to decide what style to use. Thanks!
Thank you for your input. We will base our style on the results of this poll.
Hello guys! I’m the only current translator, ExiaR3. I just got admin rights to this page a few minutes ago so I’m here to lay down the updates for you. I’ve been working on this translation for about a year now and the progress has been pretty inconsistent. I am going into university soon so I will have even less time next year. So, during these holidays, I will do my very best to do as much translating as possible. there’s not much left and I want to get it out there as much as you guys want this project to be completed. That’s the initial reason I joined the team anyway. Thanks for your patience!
P.S. Let me know in the comments if you want the download for the current patch. The only scenes not translated in the Akira route are the H-scenes.
UPDATE: Sora: 100% Nao: 100% Akira: 92.51% Kazuha: 100% Motoka: 63.98% Overall: *drumroll* 92.60% of the way there!
Not much of a change in stats, but that’s because Shi0n is working on translation checking and I don’t have any automatic way to check what’s already checked.
As you’ve no doubt noticed, updates are as slow as always. We’ve changed our workflow and tools around a bit so hopefully we’ll run into less problems and be able to bring you updates more often.
One benefit from this change is that we’re now able to bring you the latest version of the patch as soon as it’s out. All of this is made possible by our newest team member: Remuz. He’s hosting the patch for us on his servers, you can find it all at the links below.
Automation is cool, but bugs always find a way through our checks, so if you run into one please leave a comment here. I do actually read the comments on a regular basis, even though my updates are less than regular.
There might be some more technical changes in near future, e.g. moving the project site to a more “safe” server than WordPress. I won’t make a promise to write a new post on a regular basis anymore – it simply doesn’t work when I have some other task to do over many weekends. Hopefully always up-to-date stats and patches will be enough for you. If not, I will respond to comments regularly. I will still make an update post after we finish a chunk of work, like TLC or TL of a route.
If you’re interested in helping in translation and your level of Japanese is at least at around JLPT N2 and your written English is around native level (quick check – do you know when exactly “the”/”a” should be used?), please send me a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need help with checking correctness of the translation, with making the text more readable, translating remaining parts of Motoka’s route and translating Haruka na Sora.
For other translation groups
I updated the csxtool (used to convert between .txt and .csx) to version 1.3. Now it shows where exactly errors are if you wrote something in a wrong format. And extraction works better. You can find the new version of csxtool here. If you’re searching for csxtool source code along with notes on CSX file format, you can find it here. If you want access to newest version of our Japanese-Chinese-English scenario files or need help with starting your own translation/retranslation project, send me a mail to email@example.com.