It’s been a month, so here’s project status.
I calculated the number of lines in each route today, so you can have a look at each route’s length too this time.
- Sora’s route – no changes, but I counted for real what’s done more accurately this time – 4924/8334 lines done (59.1%). It seems it was very close to what I guessed before (60%), having only a quick look.
- Nao’s route – no changes, 0/7378 lines done (0%).
- Akira’s route – I worked on it, definitely not as much as I wanted to, because I was working on project management and wasn’t fast enough. 1894/8860 lines done (21.4%).
- Kazuha’s route – no changes, 5872/6690 lines done (87.8%), 3 missing H-scenes.
- Motoka’s route – no changes, 0/6170 lines done (0%).
- Common route – finished, 2119/2119 lines done (100%).
- Bad end – is being slowly translated by a beginner, I don’t have the scenario now, so let’s say that it’s just not ready yet. ?/145 lines done (?%).
The project has exactly 39696 lines in total. Counting the tiny bad end as 0%, we have 14809/39696 lines done (37.3%) overall.
On a side note, it was only today that I realized that I took the longest route in the game – Akira’s. It’s even longer than Sora’s route ^.^
Now, time for news, as quite a lot has happened besides translation this month.
Recently, I created a “Staff” page with everyone currently being active in the project. It lists trjr too, but for the time being, I think it’s safe to mark him as inactive. I hope he will join us later though.
In comments to last post, mysterious “D” said, that he had Sora’s route for around 8 months now. Indeed, he had, but it was the incomplete one one of our members, Fi11, found earlier. He also managed to contact Kudryavka, translator of Sora’s route and got other scenario files he was working on, as I wrote in last post. I browsed though it, and it seems that after a simple copy-paste work (or writing a script to do it, which shouldn’t be hard here), we’ll have another 765 new lines from Sora’s route (only 100 lines were duplicated in what we have now and what is there). That would give us 68.3% of Sora’s route in total and 39.2% overall. I’ll take care of this sometime soon.
By the way, the Sora’s route “D” was talking about and we have is translated like that: it has just a few lines translated from the beginning and later, from some point (around 40-45%) until the end, it is translated fully. That patch came with saves to be able to find those places.
“D” also helped me in contacting other translation groups. I don’t want to be hasty, but there’s high probability that soon, I won’t be the only active translator. More news next time, once we’ll see how things will go. Trying to get more translators to work on this piece of art was the reason for why I didn’t only focus on translating recently – but it will pay off.
Because there were informations like that in comments, I’d like to note that we didn’t release any patches to public and we did not translate those partially translated Kazuha’s and Sora’s routes that can be found on /jp/ or other places.
This page doesn’t seem to have any decent images yet, so let me add one (I think it won’t count for a spoiler):